Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Exciting News!


Hi everyone!

I've got some exciting news to share today! I'm part of the Jane's Doodles Design Team! Jane creates the cutest images EVER! You can find them at her online shop here. She also has an Etsy store where she sells her fabulous buttons, other embellishes, and some of her images turned into tradition stamps.

Shh, don't tell Jane but I have a confession to make. ;) I had NEVER used a digital image before applying for this position. (Okay, maybe once). :) Truthfully, digital images kind of intimidate me. I'm not a techie at all and am not a color-er. So what am I doing here? Jane's images are just too cute and I love the fact that she doesn't go overboard with detail (allowing for paper piecing with ease). I was willing to go out of my comfort zone in order to have a chance to play with Jane's wonderful doodles and I'm glad I did!

Here's my card for today. I used Jane's beautiful Polyanthus Flower, printed it on kraft paper as well as some Basic Grey pattern paper. I cut the image out of the patterned papers and adhered it to the kraft paper. I used pencil crayons to color in the stems, and added Stickles and gems to the flowers. The sentiment is from Hero Arts. I'm planning on giving this card to my grandmother who will be turning 80 in a few weeks!


I just want to say a great big thank you to Jane for allowing me to join her team and trusting in me without having seen me use anything digital before. ;) I'm so looking forward to being a part of your team for the next number of months! Thank you!