Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Why Hello There!!!

Hi everyone!!

I feel like I've been missing in action the last little bit. First blogger was down, then I was in Buffalo for the weekend taking stamping classes from the amazing Jennifer McGuire, and finally I came home to discover our home computer wasn't working. Eek!!! As always my brilliant hubby came to the rescue and now has it (and me) up and running. :)

Anyways, I've been wanting to share the card I made for the first half of Hero Arts May challenge focusing on flowers. The background, frame, sentiment and pearls are all Hero Arts and the patterned papers are yummy My Mind's Eye: Stella and Rose.


and here's a quick pic showing the flowers in process...


I put glossy accents in the centers of the flowers and layered 4 together, scrunching them up to give them dimension. I cut some flowers in green and used individual petals for leaves.

Here's the detailed information:
HA:
Envelope Pattern
Sweet Thread Labels
Mixed Accents: Blush, Sea, Foliage
Latte Chalk Ink
Hero Arts shape for Silhouette (I used the blue flower):
www.silhouetteonlinestore.com/v2/viewShape.aspx?id=14335

Thanks so much for popping by!