Friday, July 22, 2011

Lily Pad Cards: Lucy's Lovely Lines (July) challenge

Hi everyone,

I'm back today to share a card I made for Lily Pad Cards: Lucy's Lovely Lines (July) challenge. Our sponsor this month is The Craft's Meow. They generously sent the design team members each a stamp set to work with and this is the one I received in the mail:


How fun are those banners?!?! LOVE the font too! :)

Here's Lucy's sketch for this month's challenge:

and here's my card:


I had planned on using the banners as, well, banners... but when I had the banners upside-down I thought they looked like a row of houses and decided to make a 'New Home' card. After that the card came together very quickly. I decided to go with a clean and simple look. I stamped the first banners image, being sure to have the 3rd banner centered on my card. I then re-inked one banner and the accompanying line in order to stamp the 5th banner on my card. With this being a clear set that was SO easy to do. I then used Memento markers to color the patterns from the second banner in the set and stamped it on a scrap of white cardstock. I used a small circle punch to punch out circles from these banners and adhered them inside the empty circles on the card. I punched out a small heart from cardstock and adhered it in the 4th 'house' using foam dots. Finally, I added a sentiment from Hero Arts.

Please check out what the other designers made for the challenge at Lily Pad Cards where you'll also find out the details for the challenge. I hope you'll play along with us!