Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hambo Stamps Guest Designer


Hi everyone,

I have a fun card to share today using a sweet nativity scene and sentiment from Hambo Stamps. I was thrilled when Libby from Hambo Stamps contacted me earlier this month asking if I'd be interested in guest designing for them. After checking out their selection I knew I definitely wanted to play along! :) They have so many cute, fun, hilarious stamps and sentiments that it was hard to narrow down my selection. In the end the Christmas season won out and I couldn't resist this adorable nativity scene and coordinating sentiment found here:


Coloring isn't my strong point (and I'm not a patient enough person to work on it). ;) So when I have images like this to work with I tend to paper piece. When I first saw this adorable nativity scene though, I knew I wanted the focus to be on baby Jesus and the manger and decided to colour just those areas with white pencil crayon on kraft. Not sure if you see it in the picture below but I went over the white areas with a glitter pen to give a hint of sparkle.



I'm really happy with how it turned out and will be sending it to Cards that Care.

Big thanks to Libby, Monica, and Hambo Stamps for warmly welcoming me and inviting me to play with their wonderful stamps. I do hope you'll check them out.

As always, thanks for popping by!