Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sharing my heart...

Hi everyone,

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I see it's been about 3 weeks since I last posted. December was a crazy month here.... with family get togethers, a card making project I was honoured to work on, and an emotional Christmas. I really just needed a few weeks away from blogging.

As many of you know, I made and sent weekly cards of encouragement to my husband's uncle for 15 months during his chemo treatments and continued battle with cancer (which ended just over a week ago on Christmas Day). He was a wonderful man and godly example to me of trusting God during the most difficult times of life. A few of you may know that I started to struggled with anxiety 4 years ago (which I now know was mostly related to undiagnosed Celiac disease). The way my anxiety showed itself was through fear of cancer.... to the degree that I thought every little health issue was a symptom of cancer and couldn't handle hearing anything about cancer. This was a dark and scary time for me, full of fear, and one I hope and pray I don't relive. Our uncle was diagnosed just weeks after my anxiety began... and although treatable it wasn't curable. He faced his new challenge with such an amazing attitude and taught me so much about living life and facing death with the grace and peace that only God can provide. I will never forget this most valuable and life changing lesson or the man who taught it by way of his example.

I didn't take pictures of every card I sent him but I did take pictures of some of them. Here's one that I don't believe I've shared yet.



Thank you for letting me share my heart today.
Hugs,
Sarah